What is Safeguarding?
- The action we take to promote the welfare of all children and young people and protect them from harm.
- Taking early action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcomes.
- Ensuring all children and young people grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care.
- Preventing impairment of children and young people's mental and physical health or development.
- Protecting children and young people from maltreatment.
It is everyone’s responsibility to keep children safe, and we all have the right to feel safe in and outside of school!
Here at Hodge Hill Girls' School, we have a strong initiative in place for the safeguarding and well-being of staff, students, parents, and the wider community around us.
It is our determination that pupils/parents have access to well-being information all year round, with necessary support available, and providing the safety and openness for individuals to share their worries.